6.04.2011

Literary homesickness

Here in Japan I'm reading what I can get my hands on, which mostly consists of the piles and piles of books I bought indiscriminately in a kind of feeding frenzy the last time I was in an English-language bookstore in Tokyo. I definitely have enough to keep me busy until July when I go home, but these are the ones I'm aching to get my hands on once I touch down in the U.S.:

The Great Night

Slouching Towards Bethlehem: Essays

Infinite City: A San Francisco Atlas

Imperial San Francisco: Urban Power, Earthly Ruin

Can't Stop Won't Stop: A History of the Hip-Hop Generation

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

Tales of the City

San Francisco, I miss you.

edit: and We Have Always Lived in the Castle. I'm going to stop now before this gets out of control

No comments:

Post a Comment