12.07.2010

So my blog has a new name, courtesy of some lovely folks in Joetsu. Yosh is the nickname for Yoshikawa, where I live. One friend pointed out that in the English language you can use the construction ANY NOUN YOU WANT + ED to express drunkenness, as in, "I was so totally car doored last night" or "Let's go out and get completely gazeboed!" Not long after that, another friend sent a facebook message asking if we wanted to get Yoshed. We get Yoshed every weekend. HELLA Yoshed.

This, obviously, drops the "Angeleno" part from my blog. Fuck LA. I have no idea how I lived there for six months without even realizing how totally, constantly, unflaggingly miserable I was. With very few exceptions (hi, Kelsey and Brijana! hi, Gene!), my only friends in LA were people who lived in New York and Texas (and another!), in Canada and Niigata and Australia and North Carolina and the UK. These are the awesome people who applied to JET with me, and we had some awesome IRC nights that kept me sane while I was in LA. We all made it and now we all live in Japan, and we don't talk as often anymore (I stopped going to the website we met on in an attempt to increase my productivity), but I think it says something that I enjoyed their text-based company more than that of any real, live person I met in LA.

Anyway, this is just to say that I am not dead. Will post more as soon as I have time and something to talk about!

No comments:

Post a Comment