8.03.2010

AUGH

So I've been in Japan for almost a week and a half, and haven't posted a thing here. I KNOW. Turns out I severely underestimated how overwhelming it would be to, you know, move to another country. Practically every move I made for the first week was carefully coordinated and choreographed by others, and when I had a spare moment to myself you damn well better believe I spent it passed out on my futon. I have about an hour before I have to go to bed tonight and I'd rather spend it watching Orange Days than updating my blog, but here are a bunch of pictures, at least. Since that's all you all really come here for anyway. Right?

View from my hotel room on the first night. This was pretty much how Tokyo made me feel.


AWESOME PEOPLE HAVING AWESOME TIMES



SHIBUYA



WHAT

This is roughly what EVERYTHING EVER looks like around my place, which results in me getting lost a lot. Joetsu/Takada/Naoetsu is actually a legitimate city, though, which surprised me after some of the descriptions that I've heard.


 

Kakizaki Beach, where I ended up roughly 45 minutes after dropping my stuff off at my new apartment. Believe me, I have learned a thing or two about pacing myself since then.


AUUUUGHHHHHHHHHH

I just had dinner (pasta with spinach and some funky cheese I found--I promise I'll never again make fun of those people who get all their food imported), at my own table, in my own kitchen. My apartment is absolutely fantastic, but I don't want to post a video until after I'm done cleaning and decorating. It's going a lot faster now after the realization that I can just throw everything in the storage space beneath the house. 

More soon!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting! Good to know that you're alive and well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it odd that all I can really think to say about your pictures is how effing cute your dress is? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gawd those are awesome pictures of us all hahaha! Your city looks so beautiful!

    and WTF HUGE SPIDER GAH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm way jealous of the beach shot, I love the Engrish shirts and desperately want the 'Your mother is developer' one, and thanks for getting a picture of me that first night that doesn't make me look like a drunk/zombie the way all of Alex's pics did.

    ReplyDelete