1.16.2010

Day 14: Back to work


Yesterday was my first day at my new store. These are some pictures of my new mall, so anyone familiar with my old mall knows why I'm freaking out a little. The store I'm at actually isn't all that much bigger than my old one, though.

I decided to stay in retail while I searched for a new job for two reasons. One obviously was to have a source of income, however small. The other was to meet people and make friends, since many if not most of my friends in SF were coworkers from my old store. Unfortunately, I got no hours my first week, 8 this week and none again next week, so I'm basically failing on both counts. I'm already doing all I can to find another job, but as far as making friends I think I really will get off my ass this next week and try to get a volunteer gig.


The mall I'm at, The Grove in Hollywood, also has a daily farmer's market that is somewhat famous. I went to check it out and it wasn't at all what I expected--it consisted more of permanent stalls and indoor stores, like what you would see at a "quaint" touristy spot like Apple Hill or Cannery Row. This was the only picture I got because I was self-conscious standing there and taking pictures by myself, but maybe I'll post more when I actually shop/eat there sometime.

At least I have my hiragana fridge magnets so I can bitch about my life in secret code.

1 comment:

  1. the crepes spot and the brazillian place are my favorite places to eat there.

    ReplyDelete